If you’re spending Valentine’s Day in Savannah, you’ll be one of the many who will experience a truly romantic atmosphere, complete with Southern charm and hospitality that only we can deliver! Considered a favorite place to celebrate Valentine’s Day, Savannah has a way for everyone to bring out their romantic side.
Things to do in Savannah for Valentine’s Day
1. Take your sweetheart on a stroll through one of our nature reserves. Several of the wildlife refuges feature driving trails as well as walking trails. The Savannah National Wildlife Refuge is a wonderful place to spend the day, watching for birds and other wildlife.
2. Enjoy the historical buildings and beautiful squares that make our city famous by taking a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride! Carriage Tours of Savannah was the city’s first carriage tour company, and has been featured in magazines, guide books and videos for over 30 years. Historic Savannah Carriage Tours will take you through the nostalgic streets, under the moss draped live oaks, at a slow steady pace.
3. Visit Tybee Island, known as Savannah’s beach, to watch the sunrise or sunset!
4. Take a walking tour through the gates and gardens where you’ll see 22 major squares and parks bursting with color and landscape design, elegant ironwork, and the finest private urban gardens in the country. What a romantic setting!
5. Enjoy a romantic dinner on a Savannah River Boat Cruise.
6. Pamper each other by spending an hour or the day at a spa.
7. Stay at one of Savannah’s 3 Top Bed and Breakfasts.
8. Watch a show at one of the area’s many local theaters or maybe even a concert.
9. Enjoy a romantic stroll along the Savannah Riverfront at night when the lights can be seen glistening off the water.
10. Depending on the weather, pack a picnic and have lunch in one of Savannah’s many parks.
11. Visit one of the museums or art galleries.
No matter what your interests are, if you’ll be in Savannah for Valentine’s Day, you’ll make memeries to last a lifetime.