Can’t visit another continent this year? No problem! The Annual Savannah Asian Festival brings an entire continent of unique cultures, cuisines, performances and fun to Savannah, featuring a full-day of live stage performances, martial arts demonstrations, authentic cuisine, cultural displays, arts & crafts, educational workshops, and more.
This one day event happens at the Savannah Civic Center MLK Arena on June 23 from 11am – 5pm and admission is completely FREE! How many other festivals can you take the entire family to for free? The Savannah Asian Festival is one of Georgia’s largest Asian celebrations and is presented by The Department of Cultural Affairs and Asian-American volunteers that work together to give you a taste of the many cultures of Asia. The Savannah Civic Center is located at 301 W. Oglethorpe.
PHOTO CREDIT: City of Savannah
Highlights of the Savannah Asian Festival
- live musical performances
- live martial arts performances
- live dance performances
- samplings of exotic cuisines including a selection from Polynesia, China, Japan, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Thailand, served up by a few of our local restaurants
- children’s activity area featuring hands-on activities, martial arts demonstrations, experimenting with origami, Diwali treasure boxes, Asian flag making, and other cultural crafts
- a cultural marketplace offering the opportunity to learn more about each country by discovering the traditional arts, crafts, fashions and treasures unique to each nation
- original paintings, hand-beaded clothing, exotic accessories, and henna body painting can also be found at the cultural marketplace
- workshop on Asian and Middle Eastern tea
11:00 am – Opening Ceremony and Parade of Flags
11:30 am – Lee’s TaeKwondon Martial Arts Demo
11:55 am – Indo Americans of Savannah
12:20pm – Matsuriza Taiko Drummers
12:45pm – Sanggar Lestari Indonesian Performing Group
1:10 pm – Sampaguita Dance Troupe
1:45pm – Liang Acrobatic & Comedy Show
2:10pm – Children of Polynesia
2:35pm – Chien Hong School of Kung Fu
3:00pm – Matsuriza Taiko Drummers
3:25pm – Thailand Dance Group
4:00pm – Liang Acrobatic & Comedy Show
The Savannah Asian Festival is just one of the many annual events that happen here in Savannah and one of the many reasons Savannah is so rich in cultural history.
What brings you to the Savannah area?
My name is Helen Miltiades and I am an experienced Realtor in Savannah, Ga. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any Real Estate or vacation needs and questions. You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page for events and happenings in the Savannah area, as well as home ownership tips, real estate market updates, and so much more!
If you are moving to the Savannah, Ga area, any one of the many homes for sale could just be your dream home!